Using SharePoint Designer 2013, I create and publish a simple custom workflow (2013 platform). I get the following within the error message:
“There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/appsts.svc that could accept the message.”
- I am able to browse to http://localhost:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc with no issues or errors showing.
- I have installed Worfklow Manager (and update) on a WFE server in a 3 tier setup.
- I am trying to publish this through a domain account which was not used to install, but is still local administrator and Site Collection administrator.
- The net.pipe binding exists in IIS web site for SharePoint Web Services
- Windows Server 2012, installed all WF updates, SP server updates, SP Designer update
Windows Services -> Start the Net.Pipe Listener Adapter service
Service Description: Receives activation requests over the net.pipe protocol and passes them to the Windows Process Activation Service.
I just stumbled upon this service by associating the name “Net.Pipe” and the error message containing “There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://…”
What is “net.pipe”?
“netNamedPipeBinding binding, which provides cross-process communication on the same machine. Named pipes do not work across machines.”
4 thoughts on “SharePoint Designer 2013 | Publishing 2013 Workflow Error”
Reblogged this on Sutoprise Avenue, A SutoCom Source.
Thank you this worked
This actually solved a similar problem where Office Web Apps was unable to display documents. Great post!
Yes , it Resolve My Problem , Thanks Bro great solution.